Researchers & Educators
Symposiums and Vermont Conferences
University of Vermont Gerontology Symposium
This annual conference is designed to enable participants to gain knowledge pertaining to key areas of aging. The symposium also seeks to help participants to become more comfortable and competent in discussing end of life care.
- Articulate new, research-supported approaches to framing or talking about aging.
- Increase comfort level with talking about end of life care; describe resources available to help plan for future care needs
- Discover growth-enhancing ways to envision aging.
- Describe new approaches to hiring and retaining the mature worker in Vermont.
Vermont Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Geriatrics Conference
- This annual one‐day symposium covers practical and innovative approaches to the medical care of older adults. Physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and other health professionals with an interest in the care of older adults are encouraged to attend. Various areas of geriatric medicine are commonly addressed that may include primary care practice, anticoagulation therapy, pain management, and promoting healthy nutrition and exercise.